Monday, March 16, 2009

A Rough Day (From 4/17/08)

Copied from my blog on MySpace

Thursday, April 17, 2008
A Rough Day
Current mood: bitchy

Tell me: have you ever tried to vacuum with a one year old trying to sit on the vacuum as you push it? I know, tell him to get off. He won't. He is screaming to sit on the vacuum. You don't want to run him over. You would hate for him to just sit and cry. Hell, he won't even do that. He is chasing me, anywhere I go, trying to climb on the vacuum. He is like a rabid dog foaming at the mouth with his sites on the vacuum. I try distracting him...no. I try getting Nicholas to play with him...won't work. So, with the job half-assly done, having given my most dedicated attempt for the last 30 minutes or so, I give up.

Or, have you ever tried to keep your cool when while mopping feverishly your child is behind you dumping his milk all over the part of the floor you just finished? Better yet, guess how infuriating it must be to have your child sling his bowl of spaghetti all over that just-cleaned floor about 10 minutes later. RRRGGHH! Then of course the dog wanted to come over and "cruise for some crumbs". The only thing he does is make mud on my kitchen floor. He licks all over the floor trying to capture every little morsel of food....even morsels from days ago that somehow he has missed. Then with the floor wet with slobber, he slips and slides all over it with me chasing after him. Nicholas, now appearing to be the angel in the group is quietly sitting eating his snack, dropping thousands of crumbs on his lap. Of course, these crumbs will inevitably end up ...guess where? On the floor! I know that keeping a floor clean for even 10 minutes is very difficult in a house with 2 young boys and a dog, but geesh....sometimes I guess you just wish for a miracle.

This is just a small sample of my day. Heck, I think all of this stuff happened in about 20 minutes. I do this for 18 hours every day. Actually, I am not off even at night though. I am still dealing with about 2 wake-ups per night from Jacob, my non-sleeping sweet angel boy.

Sometimes I just really need a break. Is it so much to ask for God's sake? Luckily I have one coming in about 2 years. I figure by then the new baby may be old enough that she will start getting easier. I will have to plan something special.

No comments: