Monday, July 6, 2009

Not Flighty, Just Off Balance (Hormonally)

I am about to fall asleep reading about hormonal imbalances. Sounds exciting doesn't it? I know. But, sometimes you just have to do some research. I heard about a book by Suzanne Somers that had a lot of information about hormones. Problem: most of the information is about women in menopause-i.e. not me. I am really getting used to getting older, but I am not quite ready for menopause.

I decided to research this hormonal issue a little bit because I am hoping that I can take some vitamins or supplements to help. I am all about trying to go about things the natural way.
But tell me, when one of the primary symptoms of a hormonal imbalance is exhaustion and fatigue, how do these people who write these oh-so-exciting articles expect you to stay awake to read them? There were many symptoms listed- is it bad to have every one of them? Is there hope for me yet? Am I not actually going insane? Maybe I just need my hormone fix.

By the way, and off subject, my birthday is right around the corner. What a drag. Another year older. I have to do a few moments of mental calculation to even remember my age. Sometimes I am so out there-- way out there. Hey, maybe that has something to do with my hormonal imbalance. Short-term memory loss is another symptom. Ooh...Can I now use this as an excuse for just being a bit flighty?

4 comments:

Kelly L said...

funny - I think of Jessica Tandy in the movie Fried Green Tomatoes - "You need hormones... that's all you need... go get some hormones"

Love,
Kelly

Http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

Lady Mama said...

Let us know how you get on with the research on vitamins. I've been wondering lately whether I should be taking some too... I also find exercising helps with the ol' mood swings.

Amy said...

This is my first visit to your blog and while I'd like to read it, the background theme is really throwing me off! I'm using Firefox and I have to shrink the window to about 3-4 inches wide in order to read anything. Weird. Have you looked at it in Firefox?

Sorry, I'm not trying to be all, "Fix your blog, yo.", but I'm sure if you're putting the effort into writing a blog, you'd like people to be able to read it, yeah?

I tried it in Explore and it is better, although the side bars extent over the striped portion, making it hard to read. A LOT of people use Firefox though. If they can't read your blog, they won't be back.

Just my (much more than) 2 cents.

Oh, and when's your birthday? Mine is the 31st!

Crystall said...

Kelly and Lady, as always I am so thrilled when I see comments from you guys. I always look forward to reading them. I am so glad to have found friends like you guys.
Blogger is cool!
Amy, Oh my gosh! I had no idea I was having this issue with my blog. Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention. Of course I want people to visit my blog and return. So, I will promptly get on the stick about fixing it. Thanks again for letting me know.
Also, my birthday is on the 15th. I will be 36 (gasp). I guess I better get over it- it's coming whether I like it or not. Happy birthday to you later this month, take care and thanks for your visit!